Thursday, July 22, 2010

My First Few Weeks

Hello!

I was crown about 4 weeks ago and life has been crazy but wonderful!

Pageant week was a lot of fun, the ladies are amazing. There is no way that week would go so smooth without all of the volunteers that help in and behind the scenes. On behalf of all the ladies, thank you! I cannot begin to express my gratitude to the Hot Springs community - you truly make the experience one of a kind, thank you for your support!

I received my official Miss SD car which is a beautiful white Mazda CX7, thanks to Hills Edge Auto in Hot Springs. In case you were wondering, I named her Bella. I have already put over 3,000 miles on her.

I have had the opportunity to do some radio and TV interviews across the state. I have some still on the way so be looking out!

The Miss Harrisburg local pageant was the 26th of June in Harrisburg. I went around town to ask for sponsorships for scholarship $ for the ladies competing and most importantly THE FOOD! Pageant ladies love to eat, I know this from experience. We had 30 fabulous Miss contestants and 3 ladies took home the crowns. Congratulations to those ladies! We also had many teens compete thanks to Miss Callee Bauman Watcher who is a pro and recruiting. The women were not the only excitement of the show, merely a few minutes into the opening number the power went out! Being Miss South Dakota gives you some excellent improvising skills and I now know why.

I had the opportunity to head back to Hot Springs for the Forth of July parade. It was a lot of fun. I was pretty wet by the time the parade was done because it rained half way through and I was umbrella-less. Needless to say I had some applause worthy crown-hair. It actually rained on our parade but it was a great time regardless! I spent the remainder of the forth, once I drove back across the state, at the Lake and watched some fireworks.

While I was out in Hot Springs for the 4th. I spend time with Sally and Daryl and we did some much needed shopping! They took me to Mt. Rushmore on the 3rd and I signed autographs and took pictures for 3 hours - talk about one marathon smile. It was a great time. One of the presidents even commented to me that "no one has out done me at autographs". It was so funny!

The following Friday I took my official Miss SD pictures in Sioux Falls with Evans Portraits. He took some awesome action shots of my leaps. You will have to check them out once I get them up!

I went back to Hot Springs for the annual golf tournament fundraiser on June 11th and I spent some time with Lisa and Jeff. The golf tournament had a good turn out and I went around to meet all of the golfers and spent sometime watching them hit. It was a nice day with a small breeze so I put my coat on. I am always cold no matter what and everyone else was out there with shorts and a t-shirt and here I am with my coat.

I had an interview with KNBN in Rapid the following day, which was great, I love doing interviews. The next day I was able to talk with the Kiwanis Club in Hot Springs and the Republican Women. It was successful. I am finding the more I talk about my brother Kelson the easier the words are coming out.

Then last week on June 16 I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Yes, yes I did. It was an experience. I am still healing up! Tonight I am off to a Pheasants game in Sioux Falls. I am excited!

Take care, god bless, and drive safe.

Loren Vaillancourt
Miss SD 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment